Basics
To start with the basics, Ortho is a SSR card. He’s a Defense unit, has a max HP of 15,089, and a max attack of 5,441. Ortho has pretty high HP, being above the all cards and SSR averages. And by a lot, too! His attack is obviously much lower, but it's not terrible. Although it's below the SSR average, it's pretty much at the all cards average.Spells
On the spells-side of things, he’s got Aqua Wave, Fire Shot 2 and later Flame Blast 2, and Void Shot 2 in that order.Exam Rankings
For exams, I’d give him a C for flora exams, B for fire, and D for water.Skills
This card has power drain twice and damage boost. On spell 1 at level 1, he has a tiny power drain on foes for 1 turn. At level 5, it’s minor, and at level 10, it's for 2 turns.On spell 3, you have to build the spell to get the skills. At level 5, he gets a minor power drain on foe for 1 turn, and at level 10 he gets a minor damage boost for 1 turn.
DUO Magic and Buddies
Ortho has Leona as his DUO magic partner, and his buddy bonus is a modest and later major HP boost. Other buddies include Jade with a minor power boost and Jamil who gives him a minor HP boost.Build Guide
To Groovy Ortho, you’re gonna have to use 5 Soul Candy. For building spells, he needs blue, red, and white items. Between building spell 1 and 3, I feel like building either one first would be fine. Like, both skills are common and while two skills on one spell is nice, that's like, a LOT of investment early on. I don't know, I think if you have the means for it and want to, go for it, but really, either is fine.Dupes + Alternatives
So let’s chat about alternatives if you don’t get Playful Attire Ortho, or if you’re still on the fence or maybe just even curious about if there’s a similar card to him.First up is Platinum Jacket Azul. He's defense, has Void Shot 2, Jamil and Leona as a buddies and I have no clue why I only marked Jamil there, power drain, and damage boost. He also have fire and water spells, although they're flipped from Ortho's. Overall, he's a solid replacement for Ortho.
Next is Dorm Deuce. They're defense, has Jamil as buddies, power drain, and damage boost. Deuce has water and void spells, but lacks fire. And also none of his elements overlap with Ortho's. Still, he hits a lot of the same notes as Ortho.
Our first budget option is another Ortho card, Cooking Gear Ortho. He's defense, has fire and water spells, Leona as a buddy, and power drain twice. He lacks damage boost and his spells, like basically every other option, are flipped around, but still, great pared-down version of the Playful Attire Ortho.
And finally we have PE Uniform Trey. He's defense, has Jade as a buddy, power drain, and fire and water spells. And as you can guess, they're flipped. It's now accorruing to me as I'm writing this that maybe I need to fine tune the coding in my spreadsheet for finding comps. I have a copy of my database sheet and I have it coded so it counts matches between the card I'm analyzing and every single other card in the database but maybe I need to be less loosey with finding element matches. Anyways, Trey is still a solid budget option, even if he's a bit mismatched. That being said those Cooking Gear Ortho is my favorite out of the two budget options. He at least has power drain twice.
Comments
Post a Comment